Review: Chocolove Ginger Crystalized in Dark Chocolate
Oh how love Chocolove's Ginger Crystallized in Dark Chocolate, let me count the ways...
1. The crystalized ginger is in small, almost granular pieces. In many ginger/chocolate pieces I've had, the pieces are larger and sometimes a little chewy, which throws off the whole texture. I'm more of a "melt in your mouth" rather than a "bite and chew" chocolate eater. But with this bar, I'm compelled to chew, I think its the way to go to release the full textural and flavor experience.
2. Those same large pieces sometimes make the ginger flavor too much, it makes it unbalanced. Not so with the Chocolove bar, its pieces, because they are smaller and are crumbly, give you the nice bite on the sides of your tongue, without detracting from the chocolate.
3. Ingredients that span the globe - Australian ginger and Belgian chocolate.
4. 65% cocoa content, just the right amount to mix with another strong flavor.
5. The love poem (this comes with every Chocolove bar, but we like it anyway).
6. Two simple ingredients - dark chocolate, crystalized ginger.
7. A big bar, so you don't run out easily - it measures 6" x 3"
Check out Chocolove's Ginger Crystallized in Dark Chocolate.
Read More in: Candy Reviews | Gourmet Candy
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Candy Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Bob Wallace at March 25, 2008 7:40 AM