Review: Judy's Candy Peanut Butter Cup
Judy's Candy Company may not be a household name, but they've been around for many year, blending tradition with new ideas - striving to make candy that's true and classic but forward-thinking. We love the vision. Unfortunately, we didn't love the peanut butter cup we tried.
- The chocolate was nice, creamy, and flavorful. By far the strongest part of the piece.
- The idea of one big cup, in this case 2.5 oz., is also really nice. We're always fans of larger, single cup candy.
- While we liked the chocolate, it was really thick, which hurt the bite and overpowered the peanut butter.
- In fact, the peanut butter flavor was completely non-existent.
- The peanut butter and the chocolate were completely separated.
- The peanut butter had serious problems. First, it was grayish in color - which makes me think this was an old piece. Second, it was really dry. Put the two together and you have something that reminds me of smokey ash. Put smokey ash together with the hard, thick chocolate and you have a very off-putting texture.
We're not off Judy's, we're still holding out hope that we caught a bad piece. But they now have some work to do to win us over.
Visit Judy's Candy
Read More in: Candy Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Candy Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Bob Wallace at February 11, 2009 10:39 AM